A T-Shaped professional: technical artist, designer-developer and producer (Certified Professional Scrum Master) with a wide range of experience in games, AR, VR, MR, graphics, animation, audio, video, web and mobile applications. I have a technical foundation in programming (First Class degree in Computing), a creative background in arts and strong analytical skills founded in data science. Having a broad skill set enables me to cover a large area of the project pipeline – I enjoy being able to wear many hats. I have done creative development for some of the world’s biggest brands: BBC, Disney, Nickelodeon, Universal Music Group and Shazam to name a few.
Over the years, I have worked in many different areas in both small Agile start-ups and large corporations with multi-million-dollar franchises, from Technical Art, Programming, VFX, UI / UX, Design to Technical Writing and Translation. I am experienced in working with multinational teams in fast-paced environments.
Being extremely passionate about every aspect of the digital entertainment industry, I live to be inspired and creative. Aside from my day job, I believe it’s important to care about the big picture, that’s why I volunteer as a Woman in Games Ambassador at WIGJ. I am also heavily involved in training, mentoring, hiring, interviewing, and the shaping of an inclusive workplace culture as an appointed Culture Ambassador.
Technical Artist, Hutch Games
July 2020 to Present
Working closely with artists and engineers to help realise the vision of the art director while balancing the technical constraints of mobile platforms. Writing shaders for a wide variety of applications and creating a variety of performant particle effects. Maintaining a holistic understanding of all aspects of the technical art for a project.
Technical Artist, Mediatonic Games
October 2018 to July 2020
Assisting multiple teams in solving technical and production related art challenges, using expertise to assist Artists and Leads with decision making.
Authoring shaders and materials, building art tools and documentation to improve efficiency of the art pipeline. Technical implementation of UI, visual FX and functionality into cross-platform games.
Training and mentoring, designing and running Technical Art knowledge workshops.
Establishing and enforcing standards through asset benchmarking, profiling and game optimisation.
Supporting the hiring managers with recruitment and interviews.
Full Spectrum Developer & Assistant Producer
July 2016 to October 2018
Making Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality experiences for some of the world’s biggest brands. My role ranges from coding, design, animation, audio and UI / UX design and implementation. Using Zappar’s in-house development tool with Typescript as well as industry standard software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya and Logic Pro, I create interactive experiences that can be accessed through the Zappar app.
Global Digital Innovation Project Coordinator (Work Placement Year), Universal Music Group
July 2014 to August 2015
Supporting the Global Digital Innovation department to develop digital tools and strategies, working on the UI/UX and content of the “uView” AR mobile app, coordinating between the international teams as well as producing content for over 50 international artists’ campaigns(including Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, 5 Seconds of Summer, Stromae, James Bay, Years & Years).
Sound Collective, Roundhouse, Paul Hamlyn Roundhouse Studios
September 2015 to Present
Involved with sound design and event planning of the EFG London Jazz Festival: music production, programming, sampling and synth-making. Performed live in the Roundhouse Main Stage with Jamie Cullum.
Co-produced the “Pillowcase” music video for London-based rock band Gillbanks, also played the lead actress. The video was selected for screening at the Roundhouse Rising Festival.
Computing Student Ambassador & Peer Assisted Learning Coordinator, Goldsmiths University of London
September 2015 to September 2016
Worked with other ambassadors, academics and the outreach team to provide support for junior students. Responsible for a range of activities which includes training, workshops, computing talks, mentoring, campus tours, women in tech events, college visits and open days.
Multimedia Designer, Capturefour Studio
May 2013 to September 2013
Working with a team of designers and developers to create multimedia solutions for clients. Designing, developing and updating websites, Assisting with Photographic shoots, Video Production and editing.
Photographer, London Transport Museum
February 2016 to Present
Created a collaborative series of photographs for the the museum’s “Designology” exhibition(open from May 2016 to spring 2017) and taught a Digital Art workshop.
Exhibition Artist, Festival of Love, Southbank Centre
Saturday 6 June 2015 – Monday 31 August 2015
Creating large scale artworks for the Festival of Love exhibition with a team of photographers and film makers.
Youth Forum Exhibition Coordinator, Sheffield Graves Gallery
September 2010 to September 2012
Working with sound artist Neil Webb and Museums Sheffield staff to produce six sound art pieces to be exhibited in the Sheffield Millennium Gallery.
Column Writer, Chinese Business Gazette (European Edition)
May 2011 to July 2011
Writing reviews about music, art, fashion and observations on the differences between British culture and Chinese culture for a bi-weekly column.
- Graphics: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Maya, Substance Suite, Houdini
- Development Tools: Visual Studio, Git, SourceTree, Sublime Text, Xcode
- Project Management: Agile Development (Scrum), Jira, Slack, Trello, Redmine, DevSuite, Office 365
- Game Engine: Unity, Unreal Engine, RPGMaker
- Sound: Propellerhead Reason, Audacity, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Audiokinetic Wwise
- Hardware: Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Leap Motion, Kinect, Arduino
- Data Analysis & Visualization: Tableau, d3.js, Matplotlib, Excel
London Student Enterprise Boot Camp
Won the enterprise challenge and was awarded £1000. Developed a greater understanding of business skills through managing a team, rapid problem solving, marketing, budgeting and pitching(video production, creative presentation and graphics design).
2014 to Present
- Developed my skills in rapid prototyping, problem solving and teamworking.
- Winner of the HackAttack Game Jam – Created two mini games for kids with Cystic Fibrosis by turning CF devices into game controllers. Collaborated with medical experts and developers. The event is part of a new prime time science series for BBC2 called Big Life Fix.
- Two-time winner of the Escape Studios Game Jam – Created a maze exploration game and a Time travelling puzzle game with a team of artists and programmers in 36 hours. The games were featured by the 3D Artist magazine.
- Made a 2.5D platformer game and a VR horror game with the Goldsmiths Team in the Global Game Jam, during the 48-hour game making challenges.
Radio DJ, Wired Radio
September 2013 to August 2014
Hosting a weekly radio show, “Jingle”, at the student radio of Goldsmiths University of London. Creating radio playlists, promotional artworks and dealing with requests from the listeners.
Juyi Republic – Fusang(Interactive album and website)
September 2013 to May 2014
Composing and recording a concept album inspired by the ancient Chinese legends of Fusang. Creating the album art, logo, videos, app and the website design. Collaborating virtually with Orkus, an Electronic Music producer based in Poland.
Developing a 2D Role-Playing Horror game about Parallel Worlds in RPGMaker game engine, entirely by myself, pushing my skills to the limit as a game designer, artist, programmer, script writer, music composer and animator.
The game attracted over 50,000 views and was featured on the RPGMaker website.
2010 to Present
- Illustration and music collaboration with the hip-hop artist and rapper JAYO
- Illustrating the album cover for Emma Rankin – “Bottle in the Ocean”
- Designing the website for the Sheffield Chinese Cultural Exchange Community
- Creating a “Diversity” themed promotional artwork for Howells Solicitors
Education & Certification
• 2012 – 2016: BSc Creative Computing with Work Experience(Award: First Class Honours), Goldsmiths, University of London
Consistently received top marks in: Advanced Graphics & Animation, Interaction Design, Data Visualisation, Physical Computing, Perception and Multimedia Computing, Web Programming, Social Media Computing, Mathematical Modelling for Problem Solving, Databases, Network and the Web
• 2011: Foundation Diploma in Art and Design(Award: Distinction), Rotherham College of Arts and Technology
• 2010: A Levels: Art & Design(A*), History(A), Sociology(A), Chinese Language & Literature(A*)
Honours and Awards
• 2016: London Student Enterprise Boot Camp Winner
• 2015: Trinity Bronze Arts Award
• 2014: BeautifulNow Art Competition Winner
• 2012: Eliahou Dagoor Computing Scholarship
• 2011: Sheffield Young Artist of the Year
I enjoy all forms of creative work. In my spare time I play the piano, synths, guitar, melodica and ukulele. Organising and playing gigs has helped me to become skilled at music production and time management. I combine my interests in music, design and programming by creating artworks and websites for other musicians.
Travel photography interests me greatly because it lets me see things from a different perspective – I have always been fascinated by foreign places, languages and cultures. I love capturing new places and new people with my camera.
Having a keen interest in the arts, current events and technology, I frequently visit museums and galleries. Regular martial arts training helps me to develop my focus and my ability to stay calm under pressure, I practice Karate and had elected as the president of my university’s Wrestling Club.
Available upon request