Yahtzee with Buddies is a top-grossing free-to-play mobile game (it rolled past 1 million downloads in just 4 days). It brings together the fun, classic board game with a new look for the next generation of players.
My responsibilities include:
- Bridging the gap between engineering and art to achieve the desired high quality visual standards, while optimising the game’s performance across multiple platforms.
- Create and integrate visual FX and animations which allow the team to iterate and refine visual features.
- Provide recommendations, estimates and status updates to the team.
- Provide support to artists with technical troubleshooting and guidance.
- UI scripting, shader programming, animation and optimisation.
- Technical implementation of in-game graphics/animation elements.
- Participating in R&D of new techniques which could be incorporated into a more efficient art / production pipeline.
- Supporting the DevOps training and induction of artists to best practices, standards and guidelines, source control, using the game engine and project tools, etc.
- Setting up the framework for live operations so the game can continue to be supported after release.